Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Really, really sick...

I can't believe I couldn't make it to the top of the mountain... Eric, my co-producer comes up with the best analogies. He told me in the beginning of pre-production that making a movie is like climbing Mt. Everest. There will be folks along the way that didn't bring enough water to make it to the top and you have to decide if you want to share your water or keep your water for yourself, so you can make it to the summit. I now know that along the way, I gave away too much of my own water and I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to make it with everyone else. It is like training for months for a marathon and not being able to cross the finish line. The good news is that this amazing team that has come together, is continuing up the mountain. Thank you to Eric, Julie, Antonio and Kevin for keeping everything moving forward. I don't know what I would do without you guys. My body is telling me I have to stop, but I'll be climbing again soon.

~Jo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww, Jo!!! I hope you feel better very soooooon. Being sick sucks! I'm thinkin about youuu! Hope everything is going well.

love,
-m-

The Filmmakers said...

Jo, you're still doing a great job! Even from your ill state, we're able to sail the ship properly due to the course you set in motion! Get well soon!

~ Eric