Friday, February 8, 2008

ready for week 2

It was tough, hard and stressful but the first week is done and the second week is about to begin. Th film has been a great experience thus far and working with the actors and crew has been an absolute joy. I think one of the hardest things on set is to stay on track since everyone gets along so well we always have a tendency to talk and joke around a lot. Thankfully we have Antonio, our AD, to keep us in line and stay on target.

Robert Picardo is awesome to work with and is really bringing to life his character Wade. He is as genuine as they come and I can't truly thank him enough for working on this film with us. Just being able to talk with him and hear all of his stories on and off set have made this film worth it. Michelle Page finished up all but one of her scenes for the film this last week and she got her ass kicked as well as kicked ass in all of them. Thanks Michelle and if your reading this your already Avery in my book, hopefully we'll be making that story come to life soon as well. As always Brian Rife is doing a phenomenal job and is taking all of the brutality his role entails like a champ. He is on one of the most positive and caring actors I've had the pleasure to work with and as always reliable, professional and prepared. We got one day in with David Fine and he went into his role headfirst with the utmost clarity about where he wanted to take his character. He has been a complete asset to the pre-production of this film and I am honored to have him come aboard and play Jefferies.

Jo, Kevin, Torrey and Eric really got this whole thing up and running and I am in their debt for giving me the opportunity to Direct this film. Thanks you guys for the respect and confidence. Brian Hamm as always is my right hand on this film and I owe the majority of my experience with shooting film and learning this craft to him. As always my partner in crime Toby really took the reins to get everything in order for the production design of the film. With his crew; Shaun, Cuba, Rachel and Heidi the sets and props have been fabulous and really give the film the look it deserves. They have been slaving day and night to get everything in line and they are the backbone of this film. Thanks to everyone on the crew and I can't wait to get on set tomorrow to get into week two.

-Ryan

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the new look to the site. Will you be putting up a new trailer soon or after the movie is over? I noticed I could not access the bios or the synopsis from the new main page.

Anonymous said...

Ryan! You freakin rock, man. Can't wait to be your Avery. :) I hope that happens soon, tooo. Thanks for all the kind words. It was defintiely worth getting my ass kicked...and that was a different michelle that wrote the first comment. Haha. But I have to agree...I love the new site! Gotta add some pictures! :) See you sooooooon. You're doin an awesome job, Ryan!