Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 10-- Yikes!

Day 10 was a day to remember: Time and money were against us, and emotions were high for all. To date, this was probably the most difficult day thus far; it's truly amazing what can happen when a production loses a couple of hours. The positive in all of this is, it took 10 days for something like this to happen; if it wasn't for the dedicated and talented crew we have, this surely would have already happened a couple of times before. And even more, the situation brought together a couple of producers with a few crew members who really hadn't had a chance to talk and get to know each other. So, in a way, this problem brought people closer together and opened a line of communication that should carry on throughout. The one thing that really excites me is the passion that everyone is bringing to this production. So many people are giving so much of themselves, and the final product will reflect everyone's hard work and drive. So to everyone involved: THANK YOU SO MUCH!

The Director: My poor friend R-T-Metro, I'm afraid that one of these times he's going to put those two stressful hands atop his newly buzzed dome and POOF! His head is going to explode. For Ryan, emotions like anger and frustration are running at elevated levels along side happiness and excitement, which would be too much for most to handle. In fact, I'm tagging what he's going through right now as "method directing." He's like our character "Darren," but instead of stimulants and depressants, he's being fed opposing emotions. The important thing to focus on is, he's pulling it off. Through observation I've learned that this kid is playing at a very high level, and doing it with very few resources, time, and money. I speak for all of the producers when I say, we're extremely proud of what he's doing, and the dailies reflect his brilliance.

Hamm, Grana, damn! True professionals, never phased, they're f'ing machines! Toby, Sean, Heidi, Kuba, etc., you guys are doing an amazing job, thanks so much for rolling with the punches.

Mansur, you're a true gangster, thanks for being here.

And to the "nuts, bolts and glue" of this entire production, Jo Haskin, producer extraordinaire, I say, without you, we wouldn't be getting ready to start day 11, in fact it is likely we would never have seen day 1.

For many within this production, myself included, we're living a dream right now. Please remember to stop, look around and take it all in, because even things that are perceived as negative at this moment will later become positive memories.

~ Kevin

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I felt very privileged to drop by with some snacks for the cast and crew and then got to meet Robert Picardo. What an honor. I had my camera in my hand and did not even think of asking him for a pic with my daughter. I just was just hanging on his every word. He is a very well spoken and very nice man. He spoke with my daughter and told her about his daughters. He also told her to remember he went to Mass on Ash Wednesday and gave up candy and cookies for Lent. He was a gentleman and I am still stunned by his presence. I consider myself very lucky to have grown up with Jo and consider her one of the strongest women I know. (Besides her mom of course) Thanks so much! Cant wait to bring the food on Tuesday and get a glimpse of what is going on. Ok I could go on and on. Michelle

You guys kick ass and I will bring a few bottles of champaigne on the 25th for the cast and crew if you guys are in need of such a donation.